Home ownership is a fundamental right. As the price of everything has gone up, building houses has become more difficult. Under the umbrella of the ehsas program, the Ehsaas Panahgah Program aims to establish well-equipped shelter homes (panahgas). Downtrodden people responded positively to this initiative.
Ehsaas Panahgah Programis a program designed to reduce homelessness by providing shelter homes and free meals. It is possible to find Ehsas panahgahs in different cities throughout Pakistan. People who cannot afford housing can live in these panagaz in a safe and clean environment. There are separate sections for men and women in these temporary shelters. A daily wage earner is provided with clean drinking water, a washroom for urination, and a bed for sleeping.
Also, read Ehsaas Prime Minister Qarz-E-Hasna Scheme
Ehsaas Panahgah Program Registration
As you need to go to the nearest Panahgah for an Ehsaas panah gah, there is no complicated registration process. The program is intended to provide a safe and comfortable environment for people in need. A part of Pakistan’s Ehsaas Kafalat program, which addresses poverty, inequality, and social exclusion, this initiative addresses these issues.
November 2019 marked the launch of this initiative. The Ehsaas Panahgah network was spread throughout several cities in 2021, including Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta, and Multan. Residents may also receive a free meal. You must register if you intend to stay longer than three days in Panahgah.
Ehsaas Panahgah Program App
The poor and jobless need not worry. People who can’t afford hotels have been offered an initiative by the government. The scheme does not have a specific app. Your CNIC is all that’s needed to see your picture at Panahgah.
Ehsaas Panahgah Program Eligibility
- All those people who are homeless and unable to bear the rent expenses, can stay in panah gah part 3 days. If anyone wants to stay for more than 3 days, he must re-register his ID card at the counter.
In panah gah part 3, homeless people who are unable to bear the expenses of renting can stay. Overstayers must re-register their ID cards at the counter if they intend to stay for more than 3 days.
A temporary shelter and food will be provided to the destitute and homeless population of Pakistan as a part of the Ehsaas Panagah program. For this reason, the following criteria apply to those seeking services under the program:
- Homelessness: Homeless or street-living individuals can participate in the program.
- Income Level: Food and shelter are among the basic necessities that are not affordable to individuals without a regular source of income.
- Vulnerability: In addition to women, children, the elderly, and disabled individuals, the program targets vulnerable groups.
- Citizenship: Regardless of ethnicity, religion, or gender, the program is open to all Pakistanis.
- Identity verification: Applicants are required to provide valid identification documents, such as a national identity card or a passport.
Online Ehsaas Panahgah Program form
When a panagaz seeker provides his identification card, the panahgah administration fills out a computerized form. The seeker receives a card after completing this form. The card contains the following information.
- Entry date
- Number of beds
- Stay as a whole. Panahgah is a three-day destination.
Also, read Ehsaas Amdan Program CNIC
The Ehsaas Panagah program does not have an online application form that I am aware of. An application for accommodation in a Panagah must be submitted in person to a Pannah Gah, which is administered by the Pakistani government. In addition to basic information like the person’s name, age, and address, the registration form asks for information about their special needs or health conditions.
The local authorities or non-governmental organizations working in the area may identify homeless individuals and refer them to a Panagah. Panagahs are usually only accessible in person, with people registering on site after visiting the facility.
Ehsaas Panahgah Program Centre near me
Visit “https://ehsaas.gov.pk/” to find your nearest EHSAS center.
- To learn more, please visit https://swd.punjab.gov.pk/
- In the main menu, click “Ehsaas Centers”.
- Your search for EHSAS program centers near you will be directed to a new page.
- The search bar allows you to enter the name of your city, district, or tehsil.
- Your program center type, such as “Panagah” or “Langar,” should be selected.
- You can find Ehsaas program centers in your area by clicking on the “Search” button.
- The map, address, and contact information for each center can be viewed by clicking on it.
Also, read Ehsaas Amdan Program CNIC
Ehsaas Pannah Gah objective/ objectives of panahgah
The main aim is to provide shelter and free mail to deserving ones. At Panahgah, you can find the following services.
- Overnight stay for passengers
- Water purification
- With proper hygiene, breakfast and dinner are served daily.
- Food is provided for free
The Punjab government decided to construct panahgahs at divisional headquarters to improve the social and economic well being of the community.
- For those living on the streets or who are homeless, the program is designed for them.
- The program is primarily targeted at low-income individuals who cannot afford necessities such as food and shelter due to lack of a regular income.
- People with disabilities, women, children, and the elderly are among the groups targeted by the program.
- Regardless of religion, ethnicity, or gender, the program is open to all Pakistanis.
- A national identity card or passport are required as proof of identity.
- During extreme weather events such as heatwaves, floods, earthquakes, and more, to prevent deaths and injuries from exposure to harsh weather conditions.
- Natural disasters, civil unrest, pandemics, or other crises can elicit relief for marginalized communities.
- Ehsaas Panagahs residents will receive basic healthcare services to reduce the burden on public health facilities.
- By providing a dignified living environment for homeless and vulnerable individuals, we aim to promote social inclusion and reduce stigma.
- Management and maintenance of the facilities will provide employment opportunities for residents of Ehsaas Panagahs.
- Assist those in need with basic amenities and services in order to strengthen the social safety net in Pakistan and reduce poverty.
- Assuring the sustainability and effectiveness of the Ehsaas Panagah program by collaborating with other government agencies, non-profits, and the private sector.
How many Ehsaas Panahgah Program are there in Pakistan
As new Panagahs (shelters) are established and existing ones expanded or relocated, the number of Ehsaas Panagahs (shelters) in Pakistan constantly changes. A total of 65 Ehsaas Panagahs were available in different parts of Pakistan, including Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta, and Faisalabad, in September 2021. It is possible that the number will vary as the program expands and more shelters are built to accommodate the homeless and needy across the country.
Bara Kahu, Mandi mor, Peshawar mor, Tarlai and Tarnol are among the five panahgahs that are built in Islamabad’s federal capital. In Lahore, 5 Panahgahs were initially constructed, 8 more were built in subsequent years at LOS Ichra, gaju Mata, kot Khawaja Saeed Hospital, Band Road, Johar town, Shahdara, and BB Pak Daman Ali complex, and 1 Panahgah at townsa Sharif.
In collaboration with Philanthropists Across Punjab 2023, the deputy commissioner and hospital administration will build 84 Panahgahs on the direction of ex-PM Imran Khan. Aziz Bhatti Shaheed Hospital in Gujarat has constructed a Panahgah. The social welfare department controls all Panahgahs that are operational. Please check the following link if you would like to learn more about panahgah. SWD website, www.punjab.gov.pk
Note : Click here More